Laboratory Head: Doctor of Chemistry
Linnikov Oleg Dmitrievich
Phone: (343) 362-35-19
Laboratory staff: 19 employees including 4 Doctors and 9 scientists holding PhD degree.
In 1936, a research group was created in the Ural Branch of the USSR AS to study rare elements. Later it was reorganized into the Laboratory of chemistry of rare elements. In 1942, the Laboratory was headed by Prof. A.K. Sharova, who connected all her life with this Laboratory till retiring in 1971. Prof. A.K. Sharova is known in the scientific community as a prominent specialist in chemistry and technology of extraction of rare and dispersed elements from complex rare-metal raw staff and from semi-products of non-ferrous metallurgy. From 1971 to 1989, the Laboratory of chemistry of rare elements was headed by А.А. Ivakin. Thanks to his efforts, in this period chemistry of vanadium and its compounds was intensively developed in the Laboratory. In 1989-2003, the most important contribution to the research was made by the group of Prof. G.V. Bazuev (Doctor of Chemistry, Laboratory Head since 1989) and by the group of Prof. V.L. Volkov (Doctor of Chemistry). Since 2013 the Head of the Laboratory is Doctor of Chemistry Oleg Dmitrievich Linnikov.